Monday, March 8, 2010

The best compliment

Tonight I received the best ever compliment. I was putting Alyssa, my 4 year-old, to sleep and she looked up at me and said, "I love being in this family." I told her that was the sweetest thing I ever heard her say, and she then said again,"We have the BEST family."
Just this morning she was calling me her "Sweet little momma." hehe :)
Sometimes I don't feel like I am the greatest mom or wife in the world, then encouragement comes from these tiny people, and I feel that maybe I'm doing something right as a parent.
I love knowing that Aaron and I make our girls feel loved and secure. I just wanted to blog about this so I wouldn't forget that precious moment. Maybe I'll look back during the teenage years and reflect. I sure do hope and pray that she always looks at us through these eyes. What a sweet little heart she has!

1 comment:

Jen Price said...

That is the SWEETEST!!