I am sorry I have been neglecting my blog. There has just been so much going on in our adoption journey that I didn't know how to share, or how much I could share, or even where to begin. It has been nearly 4 mos since our first trip to Ethiopia and we are still waiting on clearance to go get our son. For those of you who have heard about the "Nairobi group" we are a part of that group. For those that don't know, I may go into details later, but basically the USCIS Nairobi is having to look over and hopefully clear about 70 cases that the US embassy would not clear.
There is a group of 4 from USCIS that traveled to Addis Ababa and they are spending 2weeks going through all the cases that the embassy handed over to them. Tomorrow starts the beginning of week 2. All of us families who are in this group are just waiting on pins and needles for our clearance. We are very hopeful we will get cleared this week...hopefully tomorrow! IF we do clear tomorrow or Tuesday, we will more than likely be on a plane on Thursday to get our son!!!! A lot of the families are already booking their flights in anticipation, but we are waiting until we get word of clearance. We have been disappointed over and over, and are feeling hopeful, but not so confident that we are already booking flights! Please, please, please be in prayer that we hear something on Monday (tomorrow) or Tuesday of this week. I will let you know as soon as we hear something. Also, just a little bonus prayer would be for you to pray that our friends the King's and the Gerig's clear as well at the same time! It would be such a gift at the end of all this turmoil to be able to reunite with them and spend a week in Addis with them again! STAY TUNED!
Grilled Pesto Chicken Couscous Bowls
1 day ago