Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No more lasagna or pizza

Note to self...Aubrey does not like lasagna or pizza so stop thinking it is a phase and she will learn to like it! But... who doesn 't like pizza or lasagna? Apparently my 18 month old! She LOVES steamed spinach, raw broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, and tomatoes, but she will not eat lasagna or pizza. I think she is going to be my veggie lover! I can't complain at all about that, but on nights like tonight, when I need to fix something quick, it would be nice for her to eat the frozen dish I made. As I was preparing her plate, she was looking at me yelling, "EAT. Ready to EAT." So I put her in her highchair and placed her plate of lasagna and steamed broccoli and cauliflower in front of her. She starts crying and throwing the biggest fit I have seen. Through her big tears, she is eating all of her broccoli and cauliflower, but I guess is throwing the fit about the lasagna. She finally stopped crying and I tried to give her a bite, thinking that she would love it if she just tried it...NOT! I made her take a bite and she started crying and spit it out like it was dirt and told me "EWW." She does this with pizza too. She will eat spaghetti for some reason, but not the lasagna or pizza. She will be my little healthy eater! I guess I will have to order her a salad on pizza night.

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Ben wouldn't eat mac&cheese until last year! What kid doesn't like that?! So don't give up completely :)

Stacy said...

Good to know! I won't give up. She won't even try oatmeal. I think it is just a texture thing.