Sunday, August 16, 2009

Coming to grips

I admittedly and openly have had trouble accepting the baby flabby stomach since I have given birth to Alyssa. I always said I want a tummy tuck when I am done having kids...but I changed my mind. I may never wear a bikini ever again no matter how skinny I get, but something in me has changed. I find myself proud of my baby tummy. It reminds me of how precious my sweet girls are and how we have to pay the price to receive something priceless. I may still have my moments of seeing other moms in bikinis and think it's not fair. That jealousy may rise up from time to time, but I think I am just in a better place right now with the way I view myself. It helps that my husband is blinded by love and thinks I am the most beautiful thing that God ever made. Well...he makes me feel that way anyway. I am a lucky girl and am no longer going to focus on those stupid things that I can't change. They don't define who I am, God does, and if He wants me to have a baby belly for the rest of my life, then so be it! We are stuck with each other. It only took me 4 1/2 years to get here...whewwww...glad I made it.

No comments: