Friday, September 4, 2009

First day of preschool.

So Alyssa's first day of preschool was yesterday. The night before I made sure her backpack was all packed, and I made her lunch....turkey and cheese sandwich, which I cut out into a heart with a heart-shaped cookie cutter, carrot sticks with ranch, grapes and water, and a surprise...gummy savers :) Even though she can't read yet, I wrote "I love you, Love Mom" on her napkin....just because it made me feel better.
Well, morning came and she was ready to go. She picked out her little outfit and put on her backpack and we headed out the door....sort of! We started out the door with plenty of time to spare and I started to smell something....poopy diaper. So...back in the house, changed the diaper, then ready to go a second time. I look over at Alyssa and she is holding her tummy telling me she has to poop. Oh no!!!!! Now time is ticking away and I didn't want to be the mom that showed up late to the first day of pre-k. She finished up and we jumped in the car, and....no gas! I totally forgot. I speeded on over to Wal-Mart, put in 20 bucks and hurried down 78. So by some form of miracle, I got to school on time and didn't get a speeding ticket, and still had my sanity...a little bit:)
I rushed Alyssa to class and took some sweet pictures and left with a tiny package the teacher handed me on the way out the door. I was surprisingly not emotional at all. I think I was too tired and rushed to even be sad that my baby is now a big girl a that this is my last year with her before she starts Kindergarten. Until..........I got in the car and had a chance to look at what the teacher had handed me. It was a tiny plastic baggy with a hershey hug and kiss in it and a tissue and a note that read:
"As you leave your child for the first day with us,
and even if there are no tears, no fuss,
Know you will be missed by your sweet babe
during playtime as new friends are made
So here is a tissue to dry your tears,
a kiss and a hug to calm your fears,
Go on with your day, try to relax
We will love your child until you come back!"

So then came the tears. It hit me thinking how time has flown by so fast with my sweet girl! It truly does seem that I was seeing that sweet little tiny face for the first time just yesterday. My goodness. On the first day of Kindergarten I will likely need a valium of some sort before dropping her off to school.
But the day came and went and before I knew it I was picking her up. Aubrey was missing her too, because she kept walking to the door saying "Go" "Lylla" which means let's go get Alyssa! So very sweet!
Alyssa got in the car and was excited, telling me about her "spanich" class and her words she learned "menadas" this is how she pronounces it, which I don't know what it means.
So I was proud of her for learning "spanich" on her first day and for not crying or being nervous at all. Next week should be better for me ;)

No comments: