Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day!

Today was mother's day and we spent the day out at my mom's. It was so beautiful outside and the kids played outside all day long. Everyone cooked and contributed to the big lunch we had. I ate so much that my stomach feels sick tonight, but it was so good. Momma made fried chicken strips and baked ham, we had corn salad, broccoli salad, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, hot rolls, squash casserole, triple layered german chocolate cake, cream cheese lemon bars, banana pudding and of course sweet tea! Oh my goodness, I come from a loooong line of good cooks. It was great. But....my stomach is a little sick feeling tonight. I had been eating SUPER healthy the last 3 weeks and I think my body was in shock after all that today! I did my hoe down exercises twice today and am probably going to do them once more before bed, just in case :)
For my mother's day present Aaron took me to Quigley's pottery place and I got to pick out what I wanted. I chose a big platter and we painted both the girls hands and put them on the plate. We then painted cupcakes around their hands and decorated it all cute and wrote their names inside their hands with the date. At the top of the plate I wrote "Mommy's little cupcakes." It is going to be soooooo stinkin cute! I have to wait a week and then go back and pick it up. They have to fire it and polish it out! I looooove stuff like that! That's something I will cherish and keep forever. My little Alyssa also painted me a very very beautifully messy coffee cup! I told her it will be my favorite coffee cup that I will use every morning! I can't wait to see the finished product! I will post pics when I get them back! I am grateful that God chose me to be the mom of 2 amazingly sweet girls and 1 awesome husband whom I love very much and am soooooooooooooooooooo thankful for!

No comments: