Friday, May 22, 2009

My big 4 year old

It's so hard to believe, but my sweet Alyssa just turned 4. The whole cliche' about time flies is so true. It just seems like yesterday that I graduated from high school and now here I am 30 years old with a 4 year old and a 15 month old!
Anyway, for Alyssa's birthday party we had a fabulous Fancy Nancy party at my mom's (Nanny's) house. All the kids got dressed up in their fanciest outfits and we served food Fancy Nancy style....the menu consisted of tiny chicken salad and pimento cheese sandwiches with fancy toothpicks in them, a fancy cheese ball with strawberry center, chips and dip, fresh strawberries, tiny quiches, cream puffs, tiara cookies, french vanilla cake with strawberry center and cream cheese fillling and vanilla and rocky road icecream! The kids had a blast decorating hand held mirrors and combs and brushes with rhinestones and stickers and glitter glue. They busted down the pinata and ran outside to see the peacock that decided to join the party! It was a great day! Thanks Nanny for being such a great hostess!
On Alyssa's actual birthday we went and got her little friend Elani and took her to Chuck E Cheeses with us! We had pizza, salad and chocolate cake and cokes, and played for a couple of hours. Afterwards I asked Alyssa if she wanted to go spend her birthday money at Toys R Us or Wal Mart and she picked Wal Mart :) So we headed to Wal Mart and Alyssa picked out a new bicycle with training wheels, a Taylor Swift barbie that sings "Picture to Burn," sunglasses, play food, and a pool and slipping slide for the backyard. Sounds like a lot, but we stayed in her budget., a lot of it was cheap. Gotta love Wal Mart!
She had a wonderful 4th birthday!
I just want to add that I am so proud of my sweet girl! She is such a good girl! So sweet and caring. For a 4 year old she has so much wisdom and conviction. I love her to pieces!

No comments: