Thursday, April 22, 2010

Armor

Wow! I am really learning that when you ask God for a gift of the spirit, you better be ready for some growth. Through this time of adoption and stepping into a new role of leadership within our church, Aaron and I have been praying for more faith. So we have been put in situation after situation here lately that we have had no choice but to rely on faith. It hasn't been easy, but it has for sure been a time of growth. We have been stepping out of our comfort zone and have been stretched on so many levels. Easy? Not at all, but good for us? This I trust it is!
Yesterday I had it on my heart to read in the Bible where it talks about putting on the armor of God, and I couldn't find it. For some reason I thought it was in Hebrews, so I read all of Hebrews instead. When I was done, I book marked my Bible to the last page of Hebrews and the first of James, and closed my Bible and left it on my nightstand. That night when I got ready to go to bed I looked over and my Bible was open. I reached over to close it and my eyes immediately fell on Ephesians 6:10 "A final word, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in the dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle, you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. "
I did a double take and asked Aaron if he had opened my Bible. He told me that he hadn't touched it! Even if he had, he had no idea I was looking for that earlier.
Isn't it funny when God does that! I love His gentle encouragement and was so thankful for this gift and reminder from Him.

No comments: