Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My little Kindergartener!


I have had the priviledge of being a stay-at-home mom with my girls! I spend 24/7 in the presence of my babies. I hear a lot of parents say they can't wait for school to start, but I never felt that way. I absolutely love being at home with my girls! It has been my greatest joy to do so! Of course I need a break from them from time to time, but 35 hours a week seems a little too long. So to say the least, I had a bit of a hard time when Kindergarten snuck up on me. My sweet girl did great though! She was excited and came home telling me that she made some "very new best friends," and was telling me she had recess 2 times! She also hopped out of bed on her own the next day and was ready to go. Alyssa's teacher is such a sweetheart and loves the Lord, so that helps me to know that someone like minded who is Christ centered is teaching my baby 7 hours out of the day!
So although this is an end to a precious time of being able to stay home with Alyssa, this also marks a beginning of a new time of growth for her and the first step of letting go for me. I have decided instead of being sad, I will be excited for this new step and to enjoy my one on one time I now have with Aubrey! I will soak it up, because I know in a short time she will be starting school as well!

1 comment:

The Porter Family said...

Hi Stacy! I saw on another blog that you are a YWAM/CHI family adopting from Ethiopia. So are we!! Just wanted to say 'hi' -- love meeting families in similar places in life!
visit me on my blog sometime
www.porterhousegiftsfromabove.blogspot.com