Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines

For Valentines Day this year we kept it simple. When the girls woke up I had a small surprise on the table laid out of cinnamon toast popcorn. Alyssa had chocolate covered gummy bears and Aubrey had Valentine colored M&Ms, which she LOVED!
I made Aaron a big italian dinner that consisted of spaghetti, garlic toast, corn and salad, and then his favorite...peanut butter brownies. He showed up home from work and didn't forget about his 3 girls. I got a bouquet of pink Gerber Daisies, which are my favorite, and the girls got their own little bundle of pink carnations. It was so sweet. Alyssa walked around all day saying Happy Valentines Day!
We then proceeded to watch a really weird movie called The Princess. About 15 minutes into it I discovered that the lead character, the princess, was a girl I briefly went to high school with named Nora. I didn't really know her. I think she was only there for about a year, but Nilsa was frineds with her. Weird! I had seen her on a Tampax commercial a few years back, the one where the girl rolls in on her belly on a skateboard to steal a tampon. I guess she is moving up. Anyway, it wasn't special, but we had a good time as a family together! Romance will have to wait! I always feel guilty asking people to babysit on Valentines Day night, and I really don't want to have to pay someone to babysit and then pay to go out to dinner and a movie! Sometimes it is worth it, but gosh you would think that with all the family we have around here, we wouldn't have to pay for a babysitter! You would think that, wouldn't you?

No comments: