Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dinnertime prayer

Tonight we were praying at the dinner table before supper and Alyssa interrupted Aaron as she usually does, and said no daddy I want to do it. She does this often and usually just says a little jibber jabber, but tonight she prayed a real and sincere prayer! We were blown away!
She said,"Dear Father God...Thank you for Jesus, and I pray for Nanny to get better, and for Mamaw. " It was so sweet. My mom had called us yesterday and told us she had the flu. I had told Alyssa she was sick and I hoped Mamaw didn't get it. Anyway, that girl just listens to everything and I know that God speaks to her sweet heart all the time.

Also Aubrey is so very smart. You can say....How old are you? And she will hold up her one finger and say,"Mon,"Which means one. Ok so I took her to the doctor yesterday for her one year checkup and she had to get shots and was crying. I was trying to distract her and said How old are you? Her doctor told me, and I quote,"If she can say one and hold up her finger, then that is way advanced for her age." Yes, I knew it, she is wise beyond her year.
She also will point to the person in our family when you ask her where they are. Today I was teaching her where her belly was and she was catching on to that too! I think in a couple of days she will know where her belly is undoubtedly!!!!

No comments: