Friday, October 24, 2008

SURPRISE!

October 5th was mine and Aaron's 6th year anniversary. Aaron really got me good. We had planned on taking the kids to Jan's house in Prosper and make a day of it. Aaron had said he was taking me somewhere, but it was a surprise and wouldn't tell me. As we were rushing to get out the door, he said he was going to go ahead and load the kids in the car. After a minute he came back in and told me that he went ahead and pulled the car around front and to come out when I was ready, which was nothing out of the ordinary. He often did this. I said I am ready now, and he looked me right in the eyes and said,"Stace, I just want you to know that I love you so much." And I said I love you too, thinking he is just trying to be sweet since it was our anniversary. Very unsuspecting, I walked outside and saw in front of our house a white vehicle parked, first of which I thought was my 98' Ford Windstar because it is also white. I did a double take and saw what scared me half to death. It was a beautiful white Nissan Pathfinder. I asked him, "What is that?" He said that is your new car. I of course was in terrible shock, couldn't believe it was mine. It is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. After we got in, I kind of ruined the moment by freaking out and asking how much it was and asking if we could afford it. This is coming from the woman who has never had a car payment the whole marriage. Knowing me to a T, Aaron was not at all surprised about my freakout session. He was very sweet. We had been looking to buy a new minivan for a while because my windstar had just about seen its last day. He told me that he wanted me to have something nicer than a minivan and that I deserved it. It was so so so sweet! He really got me good. It was completely unexpected and a total surprise.

No comments: