Thursday, May 12, 2011

2011 Farmer's Market kickoff

What's new with us? Last weekend we kicked off the 2011 Farmer's Market! I was so excited to see all the new vendors this year. What I was most excited to see added was the artisan bread vendor and the grass fed meat, cheese, milk, and eggs vendor. This is just the very beginning of the busy season for us, but it also is the start of all the good yummy local foods we get spoiled on during the season, not to mention a little savings on our fruit and veggie portion of our grocery bill :)
On the adoption front, we are still waiting for our referral. We do however expect to get it at literally any second now! Don't worry, I will let you know as soon as we hear anything. I have a feeling we are going to have all kinds of good news to share with you very soon :) In the meantime, feast your eyes on some of the pics I took at the market.

Homemade pastas


Local honey

locally homemade soaps

Grass fed meats!!!!!


Flavored cooking oils

Artisan breads


fresh roasted coffee (so good!)


Just pies!

Homemade toffee ( Oh my word! Too good)



Tamales

Lavendar Farmers bring lots of beautiful product!



4 comments:

patti said...

I can't wait!! I better be careful about spending all my money there!

Jen said...

How fun! Thank goodness the toffee isn't even a possibility! I think I just gained a few pounds looking at it:)

dawn said...

Fellow YWAM mommy here.
One of my dearest friends just moved to Princeton. We are spending this weekend with her and staying in McKinney on our way from AZ to OH for a pro-life conference. McKinney looks like it might be in your neck of the woods. I'm telling you it's a small-small world!

Focus on Mom Life said...

Oh yummy! I don't think our farmer's market has nearly the selection, but I'm inspired to check it now.

Also, can't wait to rejoice with you over that referral!