Monday, December 20, 2010

Baked French Toast recipe and some news


Here is a recipe I got from my friend Jenn. I made it this past weekend and it was delicious so I thought I would share. This would be a good Christmas morning breakfast! We sprinkled the tops of ours with pecans (before baking) and powdered sugar ( before serving)...YUMMY!
Also, I wanted to share that we got our fingerprint appointments in the mail!!!! I started crying when we got them...tears of joy of course! We are well on our way to the wait list!!!!

Ingredients
1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices 6 eggs 1 cup milk 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 3/4 cup butter 1 1/2 cups brown sugar 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
Directions
Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

YUM! That looks amazing! :) And congrats on the next step down!! :)